- Courtney Armstrong
- 12 Hours 27 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Nov 08, 2018
You’ll discover how memory reconsolidation is a recent neuroscience breakthrough that revealed a new way to heal trauma at its roots by process of recalling and updating a memory.
During this workshop, I’ll provide you with step-by-step instructions and techniques you can master in each phase of trauma treatment. This is the trauma training that specifically gives you skills in the phenomena of memory reconsolidation. Let me show you why memory reconsolidation is necessary for transforming your trauma work with clients. I will give you a simple protocol to use to reconsolidate a traumatic memory in as little as one session!
Full of thought provoking lecture, engaging case studies and guided instruction, you will learn the essential skills that your clinical practice is missing to help your clients move forward in living a meaningful life. Leave this master class armed with tools you can use in your very next session.
|Manual – New Rules for Treating Trauma (3.32 MB)||44 Pages||Available after Purchase|
New Rules for Treating Trauma
Understand how Trauma Impacts the Brain
- How traumatic memories are stored
- How to engage the emotional brain
Consider Your Client’s Attachment Style
- Securely attached clients
- Avoidant/dismissive attachment styles
- Anxious/preoccupied attachment styles
- Disorganized/unresolved attachment styles
Attune, Lift, and Lead
- Attune with right-brain to right-brain communication
- Lift by acknowledging a strength your client possesses
- Lead and motivate clients by focusing on
- what’s desired
Teach Emotional Regulation Skills
- Tools for orienting and grounding
- Tools for calming and self-soothing
- Tools for containment and safety
Part 1 – Reconsolidating Traumatic Memories
- What is memory reconsolidation and why is it important?
- 5-steps for reconsolidating traumatic memories
- Explore embodied beliefs
- Create and install new belief experiences
Part 2 – Reconsolidate Traumatic Memories
- Observationally retell the story with a new ending
- New narrative integration
- Client demonstration video
Facilitate Post-Traumatic Growth
- What is post-traumatic growth?
- Restore resilience
- Create new meaning
- Healthy relationship skills
Applications for Special Populations
- Sexual trauma survivors
- Childhood abuse and neglect
- Traumatic grief after sudden or violent deaths
- Medical trauma, car accidents and disasters
- Children and adolescents after trauma
- Cultures and faith traditions
- Simple self-care techniques to prevent vicarious trauma
Limitations of the Research & Potential Risks Memory Reconsolidation
- Age of the memory
- Repetitively reinforced memories
- Inner conflicts about memory resolution
- Dementia & other neurological disorders
Courtney Armstrong, LPC, MHSP, has over 20 years’ experience and is a Board Certified Fellow in Clinical Hypnotherapy who has trained thousands of mental health professionals nationally and internationally in creative, brain-based strategies for healing trauma. She is a bestselling author of the book, The Therapeutic “Aha!”: 10 Strategies for Getting Clients Unstuck and Transforming Traumatic Grief and contributes to publications such as the Psychotherapy Networker, Counseling Today, and The Neuropsychotherapist. She has been featured as a trauma and grief expert on national television and radio programs and is the owner/director of Tamarisk: A Center for Mind-Body Therapy in the state of Tennessee.
Financial: Courtney Armstrong is in private practice. She is an author for WW Norton and receives royalties. Ms. Armstrong receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Courtney Armstrong is a member of the Institute for Rapid Resolution Therapy.